https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg23030680-600-im-creating-supercharged-corals-to-beat-climate-change/

Summary:

What is the subject of the article?

The article informs readers of an environmental idea that has surfaced and the main subject is based around climate change and the environment in general.

Who is the intended audience and how do you know this?

Personally I think the intended audience are those people interested in geography, the environment and also those who are passionate about the consequences of climate change. I don't think there's a specific age group that this article appeals to, however I feel that those younger than fifteen may not be interested. This could be due to lack of education on the subject or they might just find it boring and uninteresting, even though the consequences of climate change will greatly effect the lives of the younger generation. I think scientists may also be intrigued in the article as it's an experiment of sorts.

What is the purpose of the article?

The purpose of the article is to bring awareness to possible outcomes of climate change and to show people that there's ways to protect the environment and the sea life that flourishes. It is also an informative article that tells people what's happening to the coral in the oceans, which some people might not have been aware of before.

Why do you like it?

I like this article because I'm very interested in geography and the environment from doing GCSE geography at school, and learning all about the effects of climate change and the possible outcomes that may arise. It also interested me because the atmosphere was so different to the other articles I had seen that had focused on political subjects and such. It was a nice read and opened my eyes to what things science can do for our future.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is your brain male or female?

Word of mouth documentary notes + essay plan: